The Importance of Reroofing Your Home
Typically, a roof lasts about 20 years without having to repair it. It goes without saying if you bought an older house or your grandparents have lived in the same house since the 1950’s and are now having leaks, you should probably consider a reroof in Lexington. Maybe you’re not somewhat confident where to start or you reroofed your home before, still you want some time to review products, procedures and safety tips? Well, you’ve come to the exact place.
This is where we come in. We go by a step by step process that reviews all information available to us. Below you will see how throughout we are:
- Shield Roofing stars by assessing the condition of your roof from the outside. It looks mostly for missing tiles (or shingles), buckling, and if weather did harm them. Shield Roofing also checks to see if your gutters have bits and pieces of shingles.
- We look to see if there is any sagging, which could mean that you have a leak in your roof. This could be a sign of structural issues. We check the crawl or attic space for signs of water damage. You can never be too careful for something that keeps a roof (literally!) over your head.
- Shield Roofing would never give an estimate until we know all of the details, all the way down to what you can afford. They also often go over what is included when we reroof your home such as ventilation and waterproofing your shingles.
- We want to make sure your roof breathes, this means making sure your shingles have proper ventilation. This helps a couple of things which includes: Attic heat buildup, weather infiltration, attic moisture, and ice dam build ups.
- Waterproofing your shingles gives you an additional degree of backup in case water gets under the roofing shingles. Depending on your city, there may be building codes that require installment to these. We will review that information once we create a contract for you.
- Shield Roofing offers a variety of ways to keep you safe as well as our company. It provides you information on our insurance package if requested.
- They usually try to start work within 2 business days of you accepting our contractor. Everything depends on weather permitting, and obviously when you make a deposit. We notify you of any schedule changes to make sure we have a safe, secure and great working environment.
- More often than not, the duration of the reroofing of your company entirely depends on the size and difficulty of your roof. If you have a single family home, we are usually in and out, with the turnaround time of 3 – 5 business days.
- Once we are finished, we do a walk through with you on the property, making sure both the roof and cleanup are up to par.
We hope this helps solidifies your choice in choosing us for your Lexington home. If you need more information or would like a quote for reroofing, please give us a call. We always want to hear from you!